Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State is not happy with the ruling of the Kaduna Governorship Tribunal. He has asked the Court of Appeal to reverse the ruling and cancel the supplementary election in the state. On the other hand, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has also appealed the dismissal of their petition.
Governor Uba Sani has made five main requests to the Court of Appeal. He wants them to:
- Reverse the ruling of the Kaduna Governorship Tribunal
- Cancel the supplementary election in Kaduna State
- Declare him as the winner of the governorship election
- Dismiss the petition of the PDP
- Declare the PDP’s candidate, Ashiru, as not qualified to contest in the election
The PDP is not happy with the dismissal of their petition by the Kaduna Governorship Tribunal. They have appealed this decision and are asking the Court of Appeal to review their case.
The fight for the governorship of Kaduna State continues as both Governor Uba Sani and the PDP appeal the decisions made by the Kaduna Governorship Tribunal. The Court of Appeal will now review these appeals and make a final decision.